Volunteers play a vital role in ensuring many nonprofits operate successfully. However managing volunteers brings its own set of challenges and issues. Depending on your organisation, you may need to:
- Organise police checks;
- Monitor working with children status;
- Track first aid or other certifications;
- Manage insurance;
- Keep information on next of kin and special needs;
- Match skills and interests to volunteer positions;
- Run induction training;
- Manage rosters;
- Encourage new volunteers; and
- Keep existing volunteers motivated.
With Nonprofit Online’s mix of core and optional modules, you can use a variety of methods to assist volunteer management to support your nonprofit’s needs. This could include:
- Communicating on your website the benefits of volunteering for your nonprofit, and the types of roles available;
- Advertising particular positions available;
- Creating online application forms;
- Managing the approval of applications;
- Storing information in customisable contact fields about qualifications, certifications, registrations etc.
- Running monthly reports about certifications and registrations due to expire.
- Using the optional Surveys and Polls module to capture skill set levels.
- Publishing common questions and useful information to help volunteers perform their roles.
- Track induction training and other training performed.
- Publishing a directory of volunteers with their contact details using the optional Directory module.
- Use the optional Social Networking and Communities module to encourage volunteers to interact with and support each other.